26 Dec 2016

BERBER | BLUE


I just came back to the UK after spending another November / December in my favourite country in the world - Morocco (blog post coming soon), I may have to make this an annual trip. I've been reminiscing the very first trip I took there accompanied by my best friends. While looking through the photos of both my most recent trip and previous, I couldn't help question my brain about the whereabouts and burial of this blue handmade wool berber coat. 

We simply 'had' to buy the jackets on our first trip, after it soon dawned on us that the temperature would plummet at night in the Sahara desert and we had nothing but suitcases of summer clothes.


One of my favourite things about Morocco is of course the markets and striking a fine bargain. We ended up paying the equivalent of £6 for these gorgeous jackets (Nov 2015).


I'm not usually one for skirts but as soon as I saw this pleated beauty I simply had to have it. I'm 5ft 9 so everything fits me 'cropped' (even if it isn't meant to be), so I paired it with leggings for extra coverage. Admittedly this is a VERY casual look for me, I tend to stick to strong silhouettes and tailoring, but I do really love this look and there isn't anything wrong with changing it up a little right?


SHOP THE LOOK
BERBER JACKET | MOROCCAN MARKET
SIMILAR JACKETS HERE
PLEATED SKIRT | H&M
WOVEN SCARF | H&M
BLUE SUEDE SHOES | ZARA (SOLD OUT)SIMILAR HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment