11 Mar 2017

DESI STYLE | RANG 48 BLACKBURN

'The Arabs go Desi'

Last weekend we attended a wonderful family Asian - English wedding. Unfortunately my sister and I both left our outfit plans until the very last minute and weren't sure whether to go full on Desi or just turn up western wedding style.

We decided to go Desi and at just two nights before, and we were desperate to find some neutral coloured ready made suits. That's when I came across www.rang48.com. I highly recommend them because they were honestly a life saver to us. I asked for two ready made suits in our sizes and they sent me options via WhatsApp promptly, the pieces then posted out to us the very next day arriving a day before the ceremony.

The beautiful ceremony was hosted in the Hastings Museum - Durbar Hall which was actually the old home-town hospital. Such a beautiful place and much larger on the inside than anticipated.




I remember visiting the hall when I was younger on a school trip and feeling mesmerised, so pleased we had an excuse to go back. This magnificent carved hall was made for the 1886 Colonial & Indian Exhibition in London, where it was the centrepiece showing visitors what a typical Indian palace was like.  It was designed by Caspar Purdon Clarke, a noted authority on Indian & Islamic art.  It was built on-site in only 9 months by two skilled woodcarvers brought over from the Punjab -- Mohammed Baksh and Mohammed Juma.


  

Asmas outfit Sammy K in snow can be found here.




My sister Asma opted for BEAUTIFUL white cape embellished ensemble along with a white jersey hijab from  Al-Madina Hijabs.  


Such abeautiful centre feature. Back in the day the hall was draped with Indian fabric hangings and was used by the Prince of Wales for official receptions - who would have dreamed that it would've ended up back in the town I was born in? 



Asma wore a beautiful 3 piece suit with a White net cape with pearl and stone embellishment, White inner kameez and White straight trousers.

 

I loved my gold three piece, it included tapered trousers, a suit top and a beautiful dupatta. @rang48blackburn provide a choice between tailored/tapered trousers or kick flare style draped. I opted for the tapered pair to match my sister, they have three pearls down the side.


My outfit D'or can be found here.


I paired my suit with burgundy accessories. Asoom paired hers with White Valentinos and a silver clutch bag.


Did the Arabs pull off the Desi look?


With out sounding biased, I think these suits are a real treat and would look magnificent worn on Eid, or perfection during wedding season. Understated elegance is definitely the way forward.


1 comment: