8 May 2017

PURE THE LABEL | SINGAPORE


I'm writing this up in dingy England wishing I was back soaking up the sunshine in beautiful Singapore. But I have my singaporean comforts which are making life in the grey zone (aka England) a little more bearable.




Those comforts include my Pure The Label clothing. I'm honestly so so so chuffed to find something which defies the whole 'beauty is pain' concept which I seem to have lived by my whole life.

Comfort and beautiful clothing? YESSS, IT'S A REAL THING.

When in Singapore I watched the new collection of Pure walk the catwalk (see previous post here), I honestly cannot wait for the launch of the latest pieces, the navy silk two piece is especially one I have my eye on.


I asked the talented Sid - owner of Pure the Label a little about her brand;

What inspired your deisgn process for Pure The Label?
[All] women inspire me and my design process. I love looking at how they express themselves through their own unique sense of style.

What is your favourite piece from the current collection and why?
It's a tough question. I love them all when designing them. But I think that one that I would always wear is the outwear. So I guess that would be my favourite among my favourite(s).



What key values do you follow during the design process to ensure consistency?
The main values I always have in mind are simplicity and comfort. Be it in any form or shillhouette - I will always have these two values in mind.



- Comfort and simplicity - beautifully put, and I also have to mention that all of Sids designs have POCKETS! I ditched my clutch bag at Singapore Fashion weekend the evening of the show- true story.



This maxi and outerwear will be making many appearances...


I have the Plain Midi Sleeveless Dress in black - it comes in three colours. I honestly love it because its so versatile. I would also wear this with a striped top underneath or a shirt along with lace up sandals to make it casual - perfect for surviving the heat, or under a glitzy jacket for eveningwear even. It's just SO rare to find a straight cut maxi dress, which comes just above the ankles AND does NOT have a huge slit up the side or back. ALSO the other light colours are not sheer (like most high street options). LOVE LOVE this piece, I may even go as far as to say its my favourite.




Sticking to my previous blog post promises - I'm trying to be more adventurous around the hometown I was born and raised in. I shot this look at Bexhill seafront - I hadn't been back here since college even though its only ten minutes from my parents home. It's newly renovated and looking as sleek as ever.


I wore the dress with Kimono Outerwear on top which I absolutely adore. It reminds me so much of a cropped khaleeji abaya - which is something I have many of and LOVE. this works perfectly with some tailored trousers and shirt to make it a the perfect casual look.



A little behind the scenes laughter never hurt nobody...

Shop the look at www.www.purethelabel.com | @purethelabel


No comments:

Post a Comment