5 Mar 2017

KATIE ANN MCGUIGAN | LONDON FASHION WEEK



Katie Ann Mcguigan is a womenswear brand from london. The label offers high-end ready-to-wear working on the frontier of print design along side modern and graphic silhouettes.

I went to see her show a few days ago during London fashion week and fell in love with her collection immediately despite not being sporting the 'bright and bold' look myself. 


Katies inspiration for her AW17 collection is an extension of her graduate collection, her primary mood and inspiration was from a Michal Chelbin’s photography of people and life in the Ukraine - a personal favourite series of mine. Hir's work Sailboats and Swans, a photo series of Russian and Ukraine youth prisons gave her the ispiration for the prints used in her AW17 collection.

A few of my favourite shots from Hir's Sailboats and swans series:

 
 
Photos from: MichalChelbin.com

I loved the primary colours and how they work together - its a start contrast from the ousted colours from the primary research. I also thought the utilitarian work wear reference was apparent but you have to be quite the talented designer to shift it from era into a catwalk worthy look which I think we can all agree works so well here.


I loved how almost every look was just ready to be worn with a hijab, I think those colourful sheer socks with heels will definitely make an appliance on the modest fashion scene as well as those gorgeously bolshy silhouettes and printed chiffons combined with heavy wool. Such a regal statement look.

I didn't have very many good quality photos of my own unfortunately, I was second row and some silly man was waving his camera in everyones face rather than absorbing the moment - if you gotta film then be static with it for heaven's sake.


No comments:

Post a Comment