5 Mar 2017

MALAYSIAN MAKE UP | LOOK

Seven easy steps & six products to this Malay make-up look.


I have SO many products from my trip to malaysia last summer, as well as from events and gifts I received from friends. I decided to attempt a Malaysian ONLY brand make up look using a few of the products that stood out to me the most among my collection. I'm clearly NOT a make up artist (do bare with my basic looks) however I do love to try out different ideas and products, lets hope its as much fun for you guys as it is was for me.


First up I moisturised my face with my usual moisturiser, it sucks that I don't have a Malay moisturiser. I then applied FARMASI BB beauty balm all over for even coverage - I quickly discovered that you don't need to moisturise with this baby.


From the coverage you can already see that the consistency is pretty darn good for a BB cream. FARMASI are a great brand because they do NOT test on animals and are a HALAL make up brand YAY! I usually have a hard time with breakouts after using an alternative make up base, HOWEVER this formula assured I remained spot free the following day too.



Step two: I applied the BB Soft Focus powder under my eyes, and on my T-zone- where I'm most prone to getting shiny.


Step Three: Brows!


After applying the pressed powder under my eyes, t-zone and lower jaw area to 'bake' the BB cream, I added some definition to my brows with my usual routine of Chanel eyeshadow - NOT Malay I know, I don't yet have Malay brow products to play with either - so sad. 


Step Four : I applied the Ronasurta palette 6 eyeshadow in the darkest shade to the lids of my eyes and slightly above. Ronasutra - another great brand which is known to be a safe make-up brand keeping away from harsh chemicals and catering especially to  problematic and sensitive skin.



I went for the darkest shade all over my lids and under eyes as well as the lightest shade dotted onto the inner corners of my eyes and a small smudge to the centre of my lids. As you will see the colour is fairly light and NOT as shimmery as you would expect. I LOVE the texture of these shadows.


Step FiveDida on fleek eyeliner is just that, its all in the name. The perfect liner for the perfect line. So in love with how slim the tip is and how its SO pigmented.


I always apply liner by drawing a liner as close to my lash line as possible, starting from inner eyes to outer then building up and winging.


Step Six : I applied the FARMASI Ultra Star Look Mascara. It's ultra black, ultra huge with its maxi brush, which creates black and full lashes. Its rich with keratin in the formula which protects, thickens and strengthen lashes for definition and volume. Love, love, love this! I naturally have very straight lashes which makes it so difficult for me to find a mascara which lifts and creates volume at the same time.


Step Seven:applying this beauty - NITA matte lipstick in shade Kurung. I'm not exaggerating when I say his doesn't budge ALL day.


The Traditional Matte Liquid Lipstick comes in a wide range of colours, each representing a unique aspect of Malaysian traditional wear. These colours are suited to our skin tones, so they will always bring out the best in you! 


This last product isn't one I ended up using but I just love the texture and shade so much that I had to include it, Farmasi Matte Lipstick with Vitamin E.


I hope you guys enjoyed this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment