1 Mar 2017

EDIL'INE L'EE | LONDON FASHION WEEK

"I just had my first ever 'presentation' experience."

EDEL'INE L'EE is Canadian-born, London-based and graduated with a First class degree from Central Saint Martins - A university I almost went to. An unintentional soft launch of her brand in 2014 led to private orders and the birth of her eponymous collection in 2014. The designer stated that she designs for the “Future Lady”: her work has been worn by stars including Taylor Swift and Solange Knowles.

Just when you think that you "understand" fashion and the industry; after spending years studying it, and participating in it actively - it turns out you really don't. I found myself queuing outside a warehouse at Southbank ... I've heard of fashion "presentations" but I've never actually been to one, that is - until NOW. I filmed the experience for you guys and included it bellow so you can get a more realistic 'point of view' and feel for it.

Photographs from : VOGUE.
Here are a few of my favourite pieces from Autumn/Winter 2017 Ready - to - wear Collection. I just think they're so timeless with the fold silhouettes adorned with the flounces of this current season as well as the modest aspect which makes me so tempted to throw these pieces on in the morning, make-upless with just as scarf over my head. SO EFFORTLESS.

Photographs from : VOGUE.
This collection was inspired by the artist Hannah Höch whom was a German Dada artist. She is best known for her work of the Weimar period, and one of the founders of photomontage. Photomontage is a type of collage in which the pasted items are actual photographs, or photographic reproductions pulled from the press and other widely produced media. 

 
Photographs From : TheUpComing
You can see the "copy and paste" element especially in the oversized primary coloured breast add ons and the fastenings which add a pop of colour along with the slippers. The Hannah Höch reference is also strongly present in the news report audio's played over the live piano and TV screens which littered the studio, the continuity and story telling was spot on.


How was my first presentation experience I hear you ask? Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it, firstly because it turns fashion into an experience rather than just a show - which I really appreciated and never thought about too much. The models seem to be enjoying it far more than just a runway show. Its a breather between jobs instead of rushing from show to show - because the 'event' is much longer and slower paced, they can interact with viewers to - it made their facial perfection so much more human.

 

I also met some amazing people. My new friend Eman Fendi all the way from Brooklyn New York - I've never met a real life New Yorker, she sounds like a TV every time she talks, so surreal. I also met Ediline's son while queuing outside with the designer who supplied the SHOES for the fashion presentation as well as the wonderfully cheerful Chantelle Parson who captured these shots of Eman and I.


My full outfit details will be on the next blog post. Eman is dressed in Zara head to toe with a Gucci bag.


Goodie bag sponsors include: @PROPERCORN (which I recieved in my favourite flavour - sweet coconut and vanilla). @vitaCoco provided me with a much needed refresher / hydration. @LittleGreene provided their popping colour chart, their pink paint - (which gleefully reminds me of my teen bedroom, who else had/has a pink room?), a pink pencil and their gorgeous interior brochures which make me want to redecorate all over again.

For further information about Edeline Lee visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment